By our local community issues reporter
Another new community organisation has been welcomed to Villedale, according to the chair of the new community organisation, Narnia Beznis. Villedale Community Action has been formed, Ms Beznis told WWNews, to help local Villedalians to get more involved in the community. “While there are other community groups available in town, we feel that none offers the sort of support and opportunities VCA will be able to offer, once we get the charter typed up,” she said.
Villedale Community Action plans to meet on the third Monday of the month in the Villedale Community Centre, at 6pm. Anyone interested is invited to come along, but Ms Beznis asks that people be prompt. We need to be clear of the venue by 7.45 as there’s another booking straight after,” she said.
Other community group reminders:
- Villedale Action Committee holds its monthly meeting on the third Monday of every month, apart from December, in the Villedale Community Centre at 8.00pm.
- Action for the Community of Villedale meets every second Tuesday at 7.30pm in the supper room of the Villedale Bowling Club.
- Villedale Progressive Community – last Thursday on the month, 7pm eastern end of Whiteman’s Park band rotunda.
- Promoting Progressive Action for Woodville meets same time, western end.
- Actively Progressively Villedale – meets third Tuesday every second month, Velda’s garage and sleep-out. (Currently in abeyance until Velda’s hip replacement heals.)